2014 Call for nominations for the IMBER Scientific Steering Committee
The Integrated Marine Biogeochemistry and Ecosystem Research (IMBER, www.imber.info) project is soliciting nominations for membership of its Scientific Steering Committee (SSC).
The IMBER SSC is responsible for the development, planning and implementation of IMBER science and strategy. More information about the IMBER SSC is available at: www.imber.info/index.php/About-IMBER/Scientific-Steering-Committee-SSC.
IMBER is seeking nominations of individuals with expertise in the areas of:
- physical oceanography, satellite oceanography and climate interactions in changing marine environments
- marine biogeochemical cycles, and dynamics of organic matter and nutrients in changing marine environments,
- biological and ecological oceanography, and ecosystem dynamics in changing marine environments,
- integrated studies of social, ecological and biogeochemical marine systems.
To nominate someone for IMBER SSC membership, please send the following information to Dr. Bernard Avril, IMBER Executive Officer (email@example.com) at the IMBER International Project Office:
- Name of the candidate nominated:
- Year of birth:
- Contact information:
- Expertise keywords:
- Brief description (100 words max.) of what/how nominee would contribute to the IMBER SSC:
- Up to ten most relevant publications:
- Submitted by (optional):
Nominations should be submitted by Monday, 21 April 2014.
New members will be selected by the IMBER Scientific Steering Committee and appointed by the IMBER sponsors – the Scientific Committee for Oceanic Research (SCOR), and the International Geosphere-Biosphere Programme (IGBP) in consultation with Future Earth – for a three-year term beginning in January 2015. Selection will be based on expertise, relevance to IMBER goals and geographic and gender balance.