Call for nominations for new IMBER Scientific Steering Committee members to start in January 2016
The Integrated Marine Biogeochemistry and Ecosystem Research (IMBER, www.imber.info) project is soliciting nominations for new members for its Scientific Steering Committee (SSC).
The IMBER SSC is responsible for the development, planning and implementation of IMBER science. More information about the SSC is available at: www.imber.info/index.php/About-IMBER/Scientific-Steering-Committee-SSC.
We are seeking nominations of individuals with expertise in the areas of:
- physical-biological interactions, and ecosystem functioning and dynamics
- fisheries as related to (sustainable) ecosystem-based management
- food web dynamics and diversity, and top predator interactions
- integrated studies of social, ecological and biogeochemical marine systems
- economics of marine resources
Nominations should include following information:
- Name of the nominee:
- Contact information:
- Expertise keywords:
- Brief description (200 words max.) of what/how the nominee would contribute to IMBER:
- Up to ten most relevant publications:
- Nominated by (optional):
- Short CV
Nominations should be submitted to the IMBER International Project Office (IMBER@imr.no) by Monday, 20 April 2015.
The IMBER SSC and sponsors - the Scientific Committee for Oceanic Research (SCOR) and the International Geosphere-Biosphere Programme (IGBP) in consultation with Future Earth - will select new members for a three-year term beginning in January 2016.
Selection is based on expertise, relevance to IMBER goals and geographic and gender balance.