New CMWG publication: Life in the margins
IMBER is pleased to announce the publication from CMWG on Current Opinion in Environmental Sustainability
Living on the Margin in the Anthropocene: engagement arenas for sustainability research and action at the ocean–land interface
BC Glavovic, K Limburg, K-K Liu, K-C Emeis, H Thomas, H Kremer, B Avril, J Zhang, MR Mulholland, M Glaser, DP Swaney
- The Earth's ocean–land interface (the Margin) is critical for global sustainability.
- The Margin is highly diverse in character and much remains to be discovered about this realm.
- The 21st century will see unprecedented developmental pressure on the Margin.
- The Margin is both vulnerable and resilient to anthropogenic impacts.
- Expanded understanding of Margin systems, resources and processes is urgently needed to enable governance for Margin sustainability.
To learn more about CMWG, please check: http://www.imber.info/Science/Working-Groups/Continental-Margins