Leibniz Center for Tropical Marine Research (ZMT)
Multi-level social-ecological systems analysis, resilience and transformation, tropical coastal livelihoods, coastal and ocean governance and management, transdisciplinary research
Vice-Chair since 2019
Web page: Link
Centre for Marine and Environmental Research, University of Algarve, Faro, Portugal
Eutrophication, assessment frameworks of marine social – ecological systems, Regional Seas Conventions, marine environmental policy implementation, marine biodiversity assessments, science communication
Member since 2020
LSCE/IPSL, Gif-sur-Yvette, France
Climate change impacts on ocean processes, ocean acidification on marine biogeochemical cycles, ecosystems and feedbacks, recent past and future evolution of the marine carbon cycle; predictability of biogeochemical state and its variability
Commonwealth Scientific & Industrial Research Organisation (CSIRO) and Centre for Marine Socioecology, Hobart, Australia
Modelling the interaction of social and economic behaviour with the biophysical environment
Terms of Reference
IMBeR Scientific Steering Committee
Agreed by SCOR and Future Earth, 2017
- To develop the IMBeR Science Plan and Implementation Strategy, in accordance with guidance from the sponsoring organisations SCOR and Future Earth.
- To oversee the development and implementation of IMBeR in accordance with its Science Plan and Implementation Strategy.
- To demonstrate progress and achievements of IMBeR through the definition and monitoring of results and outputs of existing regional (ICED, SIBER, CLIOTOP, ESSAS) and national programmes, working groups and task teams.
- To encourage publication of IMBeR-related activities with appropriate acknowledgement of IMBeR, SCOR and Future Earth.
- To provide input from IMBeR and its related activities to the international scientific and policy arena.
- To engage the general public and marine stakeholders in IMBeR activities.
- To actively seek funds for IMBeR-related activities from national, regional and international funding agencies.
- To collaborate, as appropriate, with other projects sponsored by SCOR and Future Earth, and other related programmes and organisations such as ICES, PICES, WCRP, IOC-UNESCO and GOOS.
- To establish appropriate data management policies to ensure access to, sharing of, and preservation of IMBeR-relevant data, taking into account the policies of the sponsors.
- To facilitate capacity building and career development of early career scientists in topics of relevance to the IMBeR Science Plan and Implementation Strategy.
- To report regularly to SCOR and Future Earth on the state of planning and the accomplishments of IMBeR.
The IMBeR SSC, its subsidiary task teams, working groups, regional programmes and International Project Offices (IPO-China and IPO-Canada) shall operate in accordance with the operating procedures for SCOR and Future Earth Global Research Projects.