A new IMBeR International Project Office at the East China Normal University (ECNU) in Shanghai, China
Last week, Carol Robinson, the Chair of the IMBeR Scientific Steering Committee, joined the IMBeR project office staff - John Claydon and Lisa Maddison from the International Project Office in Norway, and Fang Zuo and Kai Qin from the Regional Project Office in China - at a ceremony to mark the inauguration of the new International Project Office (IPO) in Shanghai, China.
A Memorandum of Understanding to support the IMBeR IPO-China for the next five years was signed by Carol Robinson and the ECNU President Prof. Qian Xuhong. The office is also supported by a consortium of supporting marine institutions and projects.
- Key Laboratory of Marine Chemistry Theory and Technology (MCTL), Ocean University of China, Qingdao
- School of Oceanography, Shanghai Jiao Tong University, Shanghai
- State Key Laboratory of Marine Geology (MGLab), Tongji University, Shanghai
- State Key Laboratory of Satellite Ocean Environment Dynamics (SOED), Second Institute of Oceanography, Ministry of Natural Resources, Hangzhou
- Yellow Sea Fisheries Research Institute, Chinese Academy of Fishery Sciences, Qingdao
Several other international projects were there to show their support:
- Chinese Science Committee on Oceanic Research (SCOR-China)
- Future Earth Coasts
- Climate and Ocean - Variability, Predictability, and Change (CLIVAR)
- International Study of the Marine Biogeochemical Cycles of Trace Elements and their Isotopes (GEOTRACES)
- Surface Ocean-Lower Atmosphere Study (SOLAS)
We are very excited to start this new phase of IMBeR in China, and very grateful for this generous support.