IMBIZO 7: Transitioning towards sustainable ocean governance by 2030: Commitments and Challenges
23-26 September 2024
ECR day organized by IMECaN on 22 September 2024
Institut Agronomique et Vétérinaire Hassan II (IAV) in Rabat, Morocco.
More information coming soon.
What are the IMBIZOs?
IMBIZO is the Zulu word for ‘a gathering’. IMBeR IMBIZOs are designed to address current research topics, facilitate transdisciplinary research, and provide assessments of current understanding and future research needs. IMBIZOs are held every second year, and are relatively small conferences (around 120 people) that consist of concurrent workshops, each of which considers an important research topic. In addition, plenary presentations provide overviews for each workshop, and cross-cutting activities and poster sessions allow integration across workshops. Discussion sessions of current knowledge help to identify key questions or hot topics to be addressed by the IMBeR research community.
- IMBIZO 6: Marine biosphere research: Buoyant solutions for ocean sustainability
- IMBIZO 5: Marine biosphere research for a sustainable ocean: Linking ecosystems, future states and resource management
- IMBIZO 4: Marine and human systems: Addressing multiple scales and multiple stressors
- IMBIZO 3: The future of marine biogeochemistry, ecosystems and societies
- IMBIZO 2: Integrating biogeochemistry and ecosystems in a changing ocean: Regional comparisons
- IMBIZO 1: Integrating Biogeochemistry and Ecosystems in a Changing Ocean