Last week, Carol Robinson, the Chair of the IMBeR Scientific Steering Committee, joined the IMBeR project office staff – John Claydon and Lisa Maddison from the International Project Office in Norway, and Fang Zuo and Kai Qin from the Regional Project Office in China – at a ceremony to mark the inauguration of the new International Project Office (IPO) in Shanghai, China.
A Memorandum of Understanding to support the IMBeR IPO-China for the next five years was signed by Carol Robinson and the ECNU President Prof. Qian Xuhong. The office is also supported by a consortium of supporting marine institutions and projects.
- Key Laboratory of Marine Chemistry Theory and Technology (MCTL), Ocean University of China, Qingdao
- School of Oceanography, Shanghai Jiao Tong University, Shanghai
- State Key Laboratory of Marine Geology (MGLab), Tongji University, Shanghai
- State Key Laboratory of Satellite Ocean Environment Dynamics (SOED), Second Institute of Oceanography, Ministry of Natural Resources, Hangzhou
- Yellow Sea Fisheries Research Institute, Chinese Academy of Fishery Sciences, Qingdao
- Chinese Science Committee on Oceanic Research (SCOR-China)
- Future Earth Coasts
- Climate and Ocean – Variability, Predictability, and Change (CLIVAR)
- International Study of the Marine Biogeochemical Cycles of Trace Elements and their Isotopes (GEOTRACES)
- Surface Ocean-Lower Atmosphere Study (SOLAS)
We are very excited to start this new phase of IMBeR in China, and very grateful for this generous support