Innovation Challenge 5: Interventions to change the course of climate impacts
IC5: Interventions and IMBeR
IMBeR Grand Challenges (GCs):
- GCI: Understanding and quantifying the state and variability of marine ecosystems
- GCII: Improving scenarios, predictions and projections of future ocean-human systems at multiple scales
- GCIII: Improving and achieving sustainable ocean governance
The IC5 links to:
- GCI – when will intervention be needed?
- GCII – outcomes and testing of interventions
- GCIII – social acceptability and governance of interventions
How can human intervention reduce the impacts of climate change on ocean life and human well-being?
Objectives of the Interventions Innovation Challenge
- What is the extent of regional scientific cooperation relating to climate change adaptation and what are some of the approaches to facilitating cooperation?
- How are regional fisheries management organizations and/or regional sea arrangements responding to climate change and supporting adaptation by marine-based industries?
- What transboundary area-based management approaches for increasing ecosystem resilience have been implemented and how effective are they?
- What are the major impediments to adaptive management at the regional level?