Getting to Veli Lošinj
1. Bus or train to Rijeka, then either catch the catamaran from there to Mali Lošinj https://www.jadrolinija.hr/docs or the bus https://www.autotrans.hr
2. Fly into Rijeka, Pula or Zagreb airports and then there are various ways of getting to Lošinj from there
- Rijeka Airport, on the island of Krk, is connected by a bridge to the mainland. Get a bus from Omisalj (the town nearest to Rijeka Airport) direct to Mali Lošinj with Arriva
- Pula Airport – either stay the night in this historic city and then catch a taxi to Pula (10 minutes about 100 kn – 120 kn) and then the ferry to Mali Losinj (3.5 hours) which operates only on Wednesdays and Saturdays at 07:00. More information can be found here, or catch the bus every day at 14:15 (251 kn) and it takes 6 hours to Mali Lošinj. Info here
- Zagreb Airport – catch a bus (about 6 hours) to Mali Lošinj. Info here
Other options – have a look at this site.
Note: You cannot pay for the ferry in Euros – only credit cards or HRK accepted!